[ferret_users] Re: stipple in a less dense dot

Hi -
The dot is the right choice to use. It's the smallest symbol available and is drawn via a call to the underlying graphics to make just a single-point mark. You could decimate the data you're plotting, something along these lines:

plot/over/nolab/vs/symbol=dot/color=black xpts[i=1:1000:10], ypts[i=1:1000:10]

Ansley

How can I stipple a region with less dense dots so that I can see the background color as well. I'm guessing I need change symbol.
plot/over/nolab/vs/symbol=dot/color=black
Best,
Kelin