Re: [ferret_users] ocean cooling palette recommended

Hi Kelin,
A place to start is the FAQ, How can I choose a good color palette for my plot?

One thing that's not mentioned there is the  Fpalette command (from the Unix command line). Try

> Fpalette center

to find a list of the centered palettes that are in the Ferret distribution. And the main documentation has information about choosing color levels to go with a centered palette.  You'll want /LEV=c  or /LEV=vc, or a custom set of levels so that the middle level of the palette (white or a light color) is the color that represents values near zero.

Ansley