Re: [ferret_users] Statistics / student-t distribution

Hi all,
Ferret does include an external function, student_t_cutoff, which may provide some of what you're looking for:

yes?  sh func student*
STUDENT_T_CUTOFF(P,nf)
    Return student-t cutoff
    P: Confidence Limit
    nf: nf (Number in sample)

Other statistics capabilities would be straitforward to write as external functions. Our current development, PyFerret, builds Ferret as a Python module. This will in effect make mathematical and statistical functions from Python libraries available as Ferret functions.

Ansley