Re: [ferret_users] ferret and aggregation with different time references (T0)

I have discovered that when an aggregation has been made over time
with files that contains different time references then the result time axis
is not correct (not monotically increasing).

Precisely, I have files with
              time:units = "days since 1850-01-01 00:00:00" ;
others with
              time:units = "days since 1870-01-01 00:00:00" ;
or
              time:units = "days since 1880-01-01 00:00:00" ;
or
              time:units = "days since 1970-01-01 00:00:00" ;

Is this problem can be solved by ferret or when the aggregation is built ? But I have found any information on this on http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/projects/THREDDS/tech/tds4.2/reference/index.html so I post this topic on the client side since ferret could also manage this issue.

Let me know, if I have missed something.

Indeed there is element to add and it should work with thredds clients and ferret.

From the aggregation documentation :
http://www.unidata.ucar.edu/software/netcdf/ncml/v2.2/Aggregation.html
when the units of the aggregation coordinate change on the existing coordinate variables, you must add timeUnitsChange="true" on the aggregation element:

Patrick

--
LSCE/IPSL, Laboratoire CEA-CNRS-UVSQ
Data Analysis and Visualization Engineer