Re: [ferret_users] doubt in combining netcdf files

Dear Geetha,

As far as I know, Ferret isn't able to concatenate records in time as you were trying to do.

What I can suggest you is to use a third part tool called netCDF Operators (NCO).

NCO provides the ncrcat command, which allows you to concatenate variables in time across an arbitrary number of netcdf files.

Example - concatenate files 85.nc, 86.nc, ..., 89.nc along the record dimension, and store the results in 8589.nc

ncrcat 85.nc 86.nc 87.nc 88.nc 89.nc 8589.nc

Of course, this will duplicate your data volume.

Best regards,
Paulo Santiago