[ferret_users] plotting wind speed data with proper labels

Hi,

I am writing a script to plot the wind speed with the date/time information along the xaxis- for dissemination to the ships in cruise. The direction should come at the top of the figure as a string like "SW". The longitude-latitude information should also come at the top.
I have attached a figure "windchart.pdf" for a sample reference figure.
My input data will be wind speed (ws), wind direction (wd) and lat-long information (shiptrackdata).
The script trial11.jnl works fine, but I don't know how to proceed for getting the direction string as well as lat-long information on the top-like the figure attached here.
I am a novice in ferret. So any help is greatly appreciated.

Thuckan.