[ferret_users] Ferret Cygwin Problem

I have been using Ferret on my windows XP machine for a few months now using Cygwin 1.7.5.  All works well.  I am now trying to use Ferret on another Windows XP box.  The version of Ferret is the same 5.51, Cygwin is working, but the version of Cygwin is slightly different (1.7.7).  When I try to start Ferret (after opening my X server) I get an error message:

"Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap (0x2A30000) in child, cygheap, Win32 error 487

The only difference is that the version of Cygwin is 1.7.7, not 1.7.5 AND I am running different virus software (Symantec)

Has anyone had this issue?

Janet