Re: [ferret_users] Creating difference plots with white in the colour bar

Hi Aisling,
The palette files are in a directory that's pointed to by the environment variable FER_PALETTES, and they can also be located by the unix command Fpalette
% Fpalette blue_darkred
* * * * * * * * in /home/porter/tmap/ferret/x86_64-linux/ppl
blue_darkred.spk:
% cat /home/porter/tmap/ferret/x86_64-linux/ppl
! Reverse of Dark Red to Blue, 18 steps, based on ColorBrewer RdYlBu_11
! http://geography.uoregon.edu/datagraphics/color_scales.htm
     0.0    14.2     0.0    85.0
     5.9     9.7    11.2    97.0
    11.8    16.0    34.2   100.0
    17.6    24.0    53.1   100.0
    23.5    34.0    69.2   100.0
    29.4    46.0    82.9   100.0
    35.3    60.0    92.0   100.0
    41.2    74.0    97.8   100.0
    47.1    92.0   100.0   100.0
    52.9   100.0   100.0    92.0
    58.8   100.0    94.8    74.0
    64.7   100.0    84.0    60.0
    70.6   100.0    67.6    46.0
    76.5   100.0    47.2    34.0
    82.4   100.0    24.0    24.0
    88.2    97.0    15.5    21.0
    94.1    85.0     8.5    18.7
   100.0    65.0     0.0    13.0

So you could make a copy of that palette and use the ideas in the message that Izidine points to.  There's more about color palettes in the FAQ's and the Ferret  Users Guide.

Ansley