Re: [ferret_users] vertical and horizontal lines in ps images

Hi Nuncio,

I had trouble with this before but found a work-around.  Here is some info...

http://www.pmel.noaa.gov/maillists/tmap/ferret_users/fu_2009/msg00601.html

Basically, what worked for me was to convert the metafile to postscript then I used Imagemagick's "convert" command which has an antialias flag that will remove the lines.  I had to use a very high resolution to retain the quality of the original postscript in the conversion.  Here is a shell script I wrote to do some of these things.  You could edit it to meet your needs.  Note that without the "convert" command, this will not work.

#! /bin/tcsh
ferret -unmapped -script fourier.jnl
set file = `echo *.plt | cut -d"." -f1 `
gksm2ps -p portrait -o $file.ps $file.plt

# script to increase line weights of Ferret output
sed 's_3.000000 lw_6.000000 lw_g' < $file.ps >! foo; \mv foo $file.ps
sed 's_2.000000 lw_4.000000 lw_g' < $file.ps >! foo; \mv foo $file.ps
sed 's_1.000000 lw_2.000000 lw_g' < $file.ps >! foo; \mv foo $file.ps

#I converted the .ps files to .pdf in here, you could try with just .ps, though

foreach fig (`ls -1 *.pdf`)
set file = `echo $fig | cut -d"." -f1 `
convert -density 1500x1500 +antialias $file.pdf $file.png   #this is the key line
#could go back to .pdf or .ps here
end

Steve