[ferret_users] Looping over multile HDF files.

Dear ferret users,
I am remotely accessing 12 HDF files one by one. Finally I would like to
write the data as binary in another 12 files. How can I do this using a
file loop.

1) For example, for a single file, I use the following commands to achieve
this.

use
"http://data.nodc.noaa.gov/cgi-bin/nph-dods/pathfinder/Version5.0_Climatologies/Monthly/Combined/month01_combined.hdf";
!January.
!Shows the dataset variables.

show data
show grid

SHOW GRID CLIM_SST

! To get the axis information
SHOW AXIS LONGITUDE
SHOW AXIS LATITUDE

SET MEMORY/SIZ=416

list/format=stream/file="/work/data/sst/pf/data/monthly/bin/month01_combined.bin"
 clim_sst !January

let lat = Y[GY=clim_sst]
let lon = X[GX=clim_sst]

list/format=stream/file="/work/data/sst/pf/data/monthly/bin/month01_combined_lat.grd"
 lat

list/format=stream/file="/work/data/sst/pf/data/monthly/bin/month01_combined_lon.grd"
 lon

2)
I want to access files such as month01_combined.hdf,
month02_combined.hdf,....month12_combined.hdf

Finally the binary files month??_combined.bin, month??_combined_lon.grd,
month??_combined_lon.grd have to be written in another directory.

Can someone suggest me some useful tips to do this in ferret?

Thanks in advance,
C. Shaji.