Re: [ferret_users]RGB values for interlevels

Hi Peter,
Interesting question. If you specify /LEV=(0,10,1) then there are 10 levels: 0-->1, 1-->2, ... 9-->10. And I think that's what one would expect; 1 through 10 inclusive.

When there are (-inf) and (inf) given then Ferret is using the same computation, with the additional colors on each end. So the levels are correct but there's a bug in the code that's saving the value of LEV_NUM; it should say 12. We'll get that fixed.
Ansley

Peter Szabo wrote:
Hi,

i counted the RGB values manually for my palette (inverse_bluescale for example) after what You said. Thanks Ryo and Ansley. I wanted to use the same palette i produced in FERRET in an other program, thats why i needed the RGB values.

Anyway, i do not know what stands for the LEV_MIN and LEV_MAX. Also I do not understand why it gives 13 numbers of levels. Does it say that it would be better to use 13 levels instead of (my) 12 levels?

yes? SHOW SYM lev*
LEV_TEXT = "(-INF)(0,10,1)(INF)"
LEV_MIN = "-1"
LEV_MAX = "47.72"