Re: [ferret_users] wind average

Hi - I'm not quite sure what you mean by a temperature average chart. You can take the average of a variable over any of its coordinate directions. Do you want to average over time? Here is an example showing one of many things you can do with averaging, and overlaying wind vectors.

yes? USE coads_climatology
yes? FILL sst[L=1:12@AVE]
yes? VECTOR/OVER uwnd[L=1:12@AVE], vwnd[L=1:12@AVE]

For learning Ferret, here is a page listing demonstrations, and examples. Some are HTML pages and others are just scripts you can run to learn about various capabilities of Ferret.

    http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/documentation/ferret-tutorials

At the top are links to some of the demos which are html pages showing the commands and their output, and further down the page is a list of scripts you can run and watch the commands as they run. I would suggest the Ferret tour,

   yes? go tutorial
or http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/FERRET_17sep07/Documentation/ferret_tour.html

The Regridding demo, which shows how to work with grids, is only a script, not html,

   yes? go regridding_demo

and check the list to see if there are other topics you are interested in.

マウロ wrote:
Dear Ferret users,

I understood how to generate a temperature average chart.

I want to overlay a wind average chart; although trying I could not do
it so far.

Is there any tip?

Thanks, best regards
Mauro