Re: [ferret_users] ERROR: command syntax?

Hi Aurien,
           This is a typical problem when you use windows based text
files in Linux. There are two (many more exists!) easy solutions :

  1. On your Linux machine, check whether you have "dos2unix" command

         [user@machine]$ which dos2unix
         /usr/bin/dos2unix
         [user@machine]$

     If you see something like this, then try,

         [user@machine] dos2unix minoxNDEF2.jnl

     It will chage all windows related stuff (for example, carriage return)
        to that off native linux. You can use the resulting jnl file (exactly
        same file name) directly in Ferret.

  2. If you don't have access to dos2unix, then open minoxNDEF2.jnl in a
        text viewer (say vim), copy all its content, open a new text file
        and paste to it. Now, you can use the new text (jnl) file in Ferret.

Let me know if you have any questions......

Regards,

Jaison

On Tue, 14 Aug 2007, Aurélien PAULMIER wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My script (in attachment) was runing on my laptop
> under Windows.
> Now, I try to use it in my new lab, under Linux
> through a terminal window, and I get this error
> message:
>
> "
> yes? go minoxNDEF
>  **ERROR: command syntax:
>
> Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution
> aborted.
> "
>
> It seems the read of the script stops at line 3 (use
> n00an1.nc).
> I have no idea what it is happening.
> If you have some ideas, thanks.
>
> Aurélien
>

> Aurélien PAULMIER
> Université PARIS VI
> Laboratoire Elémentaire de Recherche sur les Equilibres et le Vivant dans l'Eau (LEREVE)
> 13 rue Crespin du Gast
> 75 011 PARIS
> FRANCE
> +33 5 61 33 30 07

> Ne gardez plus qu'une seule adresse mail ! Copiez vos mails vers Yahoo! Mail

believed to be clean.