Re: [ferret_users] how to get the thicker box line?

thanks to Jaison and Emilie for your quick reply. Jaison gave us detail information and it works well.

Dawn

Jaison Kurian <jaison@caos.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:
Hi,
You have to use "PPL PEN 0, 7" before the plot to get thick
axes and axes labels. If you are not satisfied with the thickness
of lines in PS/EPS file, you can manually increase the thickness
as shown below.

1) increasing thickness of AXES LINES and LABELS on PLOT

use levitus_climatology
set reg/k=1/x=30:120/y=-30:30
sp rm -f metafile* ; set mode meta
PPL PEN 0, 7 ! Make it THICK
fill/lev=(18,30,0.5) temp
go land 7

The fill command will not give you a thick outer box for the
color key. If you need it, then

define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v1
define view/xlim=0:1/ylim=0:1 v2
PPL PEN 0, 7
set view v1 ; ppl axset 1,1,1,1
fill/lev=(18,30,0.5)/nokey temp ! use the same LEVELS for
set view v2 ; ppl axset 0,0,0,0 ! shade command below
shade/lev=(18,30,0.5)/nolab temp*0+100 ! make all temp. values
! out of "LEVELS"
go land 7

2) Increasing thickness in PS/EPS output

In Ferret,

set mode metafile
! make the plot and then

cancel mode meta ; ppl clsplt
sp Fprint -l cps -R -o d1.ps metafile.plt
sp sed -e 's/2.000000 lw/6.000000 lw/g' d1.ps > test.ps
sp rm -f metafile.plt d1.ps
sp ps2epsi test.ps test.eps

Here in d1.ps the thickness "2" is incresed to "6". Normally it
will give nice thick lines. If you want you can increase it even
more.

Also see these mails in the archive, send earlier by Billy

1) http://ferret.pmel.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2002/msg00333.html
2) http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2005/msg00474.html

Regards,

Jaison