Re: [ferret_users] how to get rid of the empty space between multipleplots

Wendy showed that you can overlap viewports to make them closer. That works, but it is hard to guess what the result will be without trial and error. The best way to control viewports is with the /axes qualifier. Then the xlim/ylim values are the fraction of the x/y distance on the page exactly.

def vi/axes/xlim=.1,.9/ylim=.1,.45 bottom
def vi/axes/xlim=.1,.9/ylim=.55,.9 top

This will leave exactly 1/10 of the page empty below, between, and above the plot panels, each of which is 0.35 of the vertical distance of the entire plot area. It is no longer dependent on how much blank space Ferret would choose to leave around the plot. This also allows you to make viewports touch each other, or anything else.

Billy K