[ferret_users] EOF memory problem

Dear Ferret Users:

I've searched the Ferret Users' mailing archive regarding the EOF memory problem before I sent this
email. However, I still think that Ferret should be able to handle my data set because I've regridded it to an array
of [176 66 1 120]. But, I got an error message:

ERROR in efcn_compute() allocating 540655544 bytes of memory
work array 5: X=1:135163886, Y=1:1, Z=1:1, T=1:1
**ERROR: : error in external function

I tried to allocate as much as memory as I can, but the maximum amount I can allocate on my
machine is 500.00 Mwords of memory. I wonder if there is any way to go around this problem?
I am using Ferret v5.81.

Thanks,

Zhen

content by GMAO's MailScanner, and is believed to be clean.