[ferret_users] Re: Error message with New Ferret Static Version

Hi Steve -

If you are getting that error message, chances are that you're not invoking the static version of Ferret. Try doing a "which ferret" and see what executable is listed . My guess is that by default you are invoking the shared-library version of Ferret. If you want the default "ferret"command to be the static version, you'll want to make sure $FER_DIR/bin/ferret is a link to the static version (which for v581 would by default be called ferret_v581_static).

Kevin

Steve Guimond wrote:

Hello:
I had installed the LINUX static version of Ferret awhile ago and had
worked just great, however something happened to the computer system I use
and now when I try to start Ferret I get a message such as:

error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

I am wondering if I should re-install the static version in order for this
library to be found. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
Center for Ocean-Atmospheric Prediction Studies (COAPS)