Re: [ferret_users] choose little/big endian for stream binaryoutput

Hi,

Under UNIX (LINUX) one can use the dd utilily to swap bytes:

dd if=in_file of=out_file conv=swab

This might be a solution.

Regards,

James

--
James Caveen
Programmeur-Analyste

Tel:   (418) 723-1986, poste 1295
Courriel: james_caveen@uqar.qc.ca

--- Begin Message --- Hi David,
You're right. Ferret does not have a /SWAP option for writing binary data. I imagine there are other tools out there you can use to do that once the file is written.

Ansley

David Wang wrote:

Hello Ferreters,

I've checked out both the manual and the mail archive. This is just to make sure:
Ferret only produces stream binary data in the endianness of the system where it is running, doesn't it? Say I work on a linux PC (little endian), then ferret does not write stream data in big endian (LIST doesn't have the /SWAP option).

Thanks, D.W.

--- End Message ---