[ferret_users] Ferret with https/ssl

Title: Ferret with https/ssl

Hello,

I have a DODS server that is set up on a secure apache web server.

I can get a good DODS request when I point the the right place, but I cannot seem to get ferret to grab this file. I believe it is because my version of ferret (an older one) does not have the secure httpd requests compiled in. When the secure mode on the same server was turned off, I could access the file with ferret in the normal way.

Are there new versions of ferret out there with this ability? Has anyone considered doing this before?

When I do try to make this request, ferret returns something like "NetCDF error, -39, is this a NetCDF file?"

Thanks in advance.

Patrick Wilz
Planning Systems, Inc.