Fw: Isentropic Surface

FERETTERS:
   HELLO:

     I need to plot my variable as a function of potential temperature in
the vertical.  This is typically done by finding a certain temperature
say 340 K by
interpolating between pressure levels and then plotting the variable
along the 340 K surface.
Is there a function that will do this in ferret?  I need to have a
vertical coordinate that is
potential temp and not pressure but when i plot my variable it
automatically plots in
pressure.  I am aware of @LOC, but am not sure of the mechanics because
when i tried this
it wasn't working correctly.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  I hope i
didn't confuse you with
this explanation.

My data:
                                                                i           j            k            l
 THETA       Potential Temperature [K]        1:121     1:91      1:26     1:15
 ABSVPRS   Absolute vorticity [/s]             1:121     1:91      1:26
1:15
 PRES         PRES                                          ...       ...       1:26       ...
 UGRDPRS   u wind [m/s]                          1:121     1:91      1:26
1:15
 VGRDPRS   v wind [m/s]                          1:121     1:91      1:26
1:15
 VVELPRS    Pressure vertical velocity [Pa/  1:121     1:91      1:26     1:15

Stephen R. Guimond
Graduate Research Assistant
C.O.A.P.S.