Re: Define axis

Hi Hanh,
          Basically you need to add a qualifier "/DEPTH" to the Z-axis
definition to get it in the reverse way. For example (Ferret is
comfortable with millibar units rather than hpa) :

   yes? let zlev = ZSEQUENCE({100,200,400,500,600,700,850,1000})
   yes? define axis/z/DEPTH/units=millibar zpres=zlev
   yes? let var = sin(z[gz=zpres])
   yes? plot var

  Here k=1 corresponds to 100hpa. (So please note that if your data
for 1000hpa is at k=1 then you need to sample it in the reverse order)

   Now you can regrid to this axis using @ASN regridding....

   yes? let myvar_pr = myvar[gz=zpres@ASN]

Hope this helps

with regards

Jaison

On Tue, 29 Mar 2005, hanh nguyen wrote:

> Hi everyone
>
> I have a data file on latitude, longitude and pressure level from 1000 to
> 100 hPa ( there are 12 irregular levels)
> I know how to define irregular axis but i do not know how to declare the
> order (axis decrease from 1000 to 100hPa).
> Do anyone tell me how to do please?
> Thanks
>
> Hanh

    Jaison Kurian
    Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences
    Indian Institute of Science
    B A N G A L O R E   560 012
    Ph: +91-80-3942505
        +91-80-3600450