using user defined variable in ferret script

hei!
my porblem is somehow similar but i would like to do something like this:
let ymin1=var1[j=@min]
let ymax1=var1[j=@max]
plot/vlimits='ymin':'ymax' var

however the vlimits qualifier does not accept this expressions because the
min/max is not calculated. i want to plot several variables by plot/ov and
therefore i need the right y-axis length...
any suggestions?
thanks, angelika

--
Angelika Renner