Re: About interpolations...

Hi Miguel,
Yes, you can do both of these things in Ferret. The topics to look at
in the documentation are "regridding, syntax and examples"  and "sigma-
coordinate data". Also read the documentation under "ZAXREPLACE
function".  I will point you to some more documentation and examples,
but if you need assistance, please write back with more information about
your input data and the output grid that you want to use.

You will define the grid in X and Y which you want to interpolate your
components to, and regrid in X and Y.  Next you would do the sigma-regridding
in a second step.  To see how to do regridding in X and Y, run the demonstration
script, regridding_demo

   yes? go regridding_demo

For a bit more on the sigma-level regridding, see the FAQ,
http://www.ferret.noaa.gov/Ferret/FAQ/data_management/sigma_coordinate_demo.html

Ansley

Miguel Angel wrote:
Hi,

I would appreciate your help to the following question:

I have u and v velocity components that I need to interpolate horizontally
and after from z-level to sigma-level. Is there some way to do with Ferret?

Thanks in advance

PhD. Student Miguel Angel Ahumada