GIF ouput

Hi,

I work on Windows 2000 with the 5.51 version, and I try to use the FRAME/FILE=picture.gif command, but the output file is always invalid.
I've seen in the FAQ the "Why are my Ferret-generated GIF files unreadable?" section, but :
- I use Ferret 5.51 => I understand this should work well
- I've also tried with cygwin Xvfb, in 24 and 8 bits mode, and always get the same problem
- with Ferret in batch mode -gif -server, the picture.gif file is readable but not the result I expect (completely wrong : all white with some black dashed lines on the top), and Ferret creates also a file named ".gif" without prefix which is good... for the moment this is the only way I found to get a valid GIF (by renaming the ".gif" into "picture.gif") ...

Thanks in advance for help,

Julien