2d-Plot with symbols

Dear ferret users

I have 2-dimensional (x-y) data of temperature differences. I would now like to draw a 2D-plot with symbols instead of filled grid boxes (SHADE). That means that instead of a filled grid box, I would like to draw a symbol reflecting the value in that grid box. Positive temperature differences should be drawn with filled circles with the size depending on the magnitude of the temperature difference. Contrastingly, negative temperature differences should be drawn with open circles, again depending on the magnitude of the difference.

Is this possible with ferret? Where should I look for? Under SHADE commands or PLOT commands?

Thanks for any help,
Nicolas