irregular box from ij grid to xy grid ...

Hello,

I was wondering the same as Wendy Wang, but for an irregular region and over an irregular grid... I tried your solutions, but it didn't work.

My challenge is the following (I joint 2 graphs to illustrate this):
"initialgrid.tiff" : I plot model data on their own grid which is cartesian. I use "shade var,lon,lat" to plot them on a curvilinear grid. But, I have in my data file all longitute and latitude values of the domain:
1> hiver-1994/mar/MAR.a20.1993.09.01-30.nc
name title I J K L
LON Longitude 1:87 1:87 ... ...
LAT Latitude 1:87 1:87 ... ...

"finalgrid.tiff" : I plot ERA data on their own grid. I'd like to restrict them to the model domain, or at least overlay a kind of "curved quadrilatere" to show where is exactly the model domain.

The problem is that I have to put up with 2 different grids and 2 different spatial resolutions.
Is there anyway to do that 'easily', without writing in/reading a ascii file? I was thinking to define a kind of "mask" variable, looking as stretched and curved trapeze, mask that I coud either plot over the data as a simple line, or use to restrict data to the model domain.

If anyone has any idea...!
Thanks in advance for any answer!

Emilie

TIFF image

TIFF image

Emilie VANVYVE
Physicist, PhD student

Université catholique de Louvain (UCL)
Institut d'astronomie et de géophysique G. Lemaître (ASTR)
Chemin du Cyclotron, 2
1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Phone : +32-(0)10-473300
Fax : +32-(0)10-474722