Re: how to fill a climatology

Hello Hein,
If you give the exact time boundaries you want, Ferret should fill to those times. By
default it will only fill from the first coordinate to the last coordinate which are probably
the middle of the months.

yes? use coads_climatology
yes? fill/y=0 sst   ! fills from 16-JAN to 16-DEC

      ! This will fill the entire year.
yes? fill/t="1-jan-0000:00:00":"31-dec-0000:23:23" sst

(and likewise, in this example, you could specify /X=0:360 to fill the
 entire modulo longitude range).

Ansley

Hein Zelle wrote:
Dear Ferret users,

I'm almost certain I've seen this question before, but I can't seem to
find it in the archives. I would like to make a fill plot of a
climatology, where the horizontal axis is longitude and the vertical
axis is time. The climatological data uses the month_reg axis, which
is a modulo axis. When I

fill my_clim_data[y=0n]

it doesn't do what I would expect though: at the top and bottom of the
plot (first half january, last half december) white bars appear as if
data were missing. How do I tell ferret to "wrap" the time axis like
it does with the longitude axis? I've tried "set axis/modulo" on the
time axis but that didn't help, and the axis already is a modulo axis.

I'm going to try unfolding the data on a longer time axis and plotting
the second of 3 years, but I think there must be a better way to do
this.

Hein Zelle

    Hein Zelle
    Dept. of Oceographic Research