manipulate postscript output from -batch

Hallo ferreters,

I would like to produce a number of plots directly in postscript format.
"ferret -batch" works nicely except that my plot appears as landscape
(and with american page size settings)
though intended as portrait, and thus also looks squeezed compared to
a version produced by writing in a metafile and then using gksm2ps -p portrait ...

Is there a way to manipulate the orientation and size of the postscript
file created in batch mode similarly to the gksm2ps options?
Otherwise I guess I have to edit the ps-file itself ...

Thanks for any suggestions!

Regards, Rolf