Re: How to remove only data from the axis, keeping tics as it is.

dear Yogesh,
                I think using the ppl command 'AXLSZE' will be the easy
way...it is a stand alone command and once it is given it will be efective
till the end of that ferret section.

so to remove the numeric labelling from the axis, give

PPL AXLSZE, 0.0, 0.0
PPL AXLSZE, 0.1, 0.1        ! to set the default value back

reference, in ferret manuals: Appendix B Sec9.8 AXLSZE,HGTX,HGTY

 Sets the label height for  X  and  Y  axes  in  inches. default=0.10  If
HGTX  or HGTY is negative the numeric axis labels are multiplied by -1
before plotting.

hope this will help....

with regards

Jaison Kurian