CF 2-D latitude, longitude coordinate variables

Hi Ferreters,

I am having a difficult time getting a netCDF file that I think implements
section 5.2 of the CF Conventions to plot with Lat/Lon coordinates

http://www.cgd.ucar.edu/cms/eaton/cf-metadata/CF-1.0.html#grid_ex2

I can generate a plot, but can't figure out how to get the AXISes to be
Lat/Lon.  Can anyone point me to an example that can explain how to do
this in Ferret?  Stupid me is probably doing something very newbie :(

Thanks,
  Daryl

/**
 * Daryl Herzmann (akrherz@iastate.edu)
 * Program Assistant -- Iowa Environmental Mesonet
 * http://mesonet.agron.iastate.edu
 */