problem using gksm2ps

Hi there,

I try to use gksm2ps on a tru64unix 4.0f ds20-server to convert a .plt-file to a .ps file.

Therefore I use version Mod 1.06 /XPPLP Profile F 1.0 of gksm2ps.

After installing the software using the Installation documentation I start the convertor as follows:

# gksm2ps -o file.ps meas.plt (where meas.plt is the specified .plt-file)

I got the following messages:

gopenws()  26 Specified workstation cannot be opened

Error 1 opening GKS metafile meas.plt - file not found

I have read some stuff about this messages en relation to X servers but I think nothing is wrong in my environment. I'am using X clients from reflection and hummingbird and the CDE-environment on the Unix console but all result in the same error-messages.

Does anyone have a clue ?

Regards,

Hugo Kelder

Kender Thijssen

Remote Beheer Centrum

Traverse 1, 3905 NL Veenendaal The Netherlands

Postbus 721, 3900 AS  Veenendaal

Tel: +31 (0)318 558 800

Fax: +31 (0)318 558 854

E-mail:hugo.kelder@kender-thijssen.nl