Re: overlay of sampling locations

Hi all,
Sorry for too many emails, everyone. I just went to keep what
I'd written, and realized I had a typo - at the end of my last message
I wrote about what would happen in rectangular coordinates.  The
default region is 100:460  (not -100:460) so the first 99 points are
not used in calculations.

Interestingly, in rectangular coordinates, the SET REGION
command would result in not ever using some of the trap locations.
The ascii data file is read in on an abstract X axis, and with the
default region set to x=100:460 then the first 99 points are not
ever looked at in any of the plot commands.  (The SET REGION
happens to work with map projection scripts because those scripts
suspend regions that have been set, as they set their own regions
internally.)