Re: create hdf file under windows 2000 operating system.

Hi Gnzeng,
The error message indicates that the HDF file format used
by the frame/file=movie.mgm command  is not supported on
the windows operating system.  I would suggest that you try
the whirlgif utility that is described in Chapter 5, Section 1.2
of the Ferret Users Guide.  Whirlgif is a utility that makes an
animation from a set of gif images.  The whirlgif web pages
indicate that this tool is available for Windows.  The links are
in the Ferret Users Guide and I will also include them here

Download whirlgif from http://www.msg.net/utility/whirlgif/
or the mirror site: http://www.danbbs.dk/~dino/whirlgif/index.html

Ansley Manke

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA