Concatenating netcdf files along time dim

Hello people

I'm trying my luck here to see if anyone has successfully used ferret to
concatenate a series of netcdf files with the following properties:

1- Record variable is 'time'
2- One record per file
3- Value of "time" variable is '0.0' for each file.
4- Each file's origin for the time variable is different.

I'd be most grateful for some tips or pointers to docs.  I was getting
the error below.  I was hoping Ferret would magically recalculate all
the time values to values relative to one single arbitrary origin.

Thanks.

-Kek
Physical Oceanography
Singapore

-------------
use x1.nc
save/file=z.nc/append eee
 LISTing to file z.nc
use x2.nc
save/file=z.nc/append eee
 LISTing to file z.nc
 **TMAP ERR: error in line definition
             disordered output coordinate value: 2.08333E-03 Axis: TIME
LIST/FORMAT=CDF/file=z.nc/append eee
Command file, command group, or REPEAT execution aborted
-------------

x1.nc and x2.nc have different time origins.

The netcdf file structure is as follows:

dimensions:
        z = 20 ;
        lat = 199 ;
        lon = 133 ;
        time = UNLIMITED ; // (1 currently)
        float time(time) ;
                time:long_name = "time" ;
                time:units = "days since 2003-01-01 00:00:00 +00:00" ;