Problems opening local files

Hi,

Im having problems reading local files with ferret. I can read urls from the
DODS servers
just fine. Before I tried to read the URLs I could read local files just
fine. My problem was
the Ferret Environmental variables for the dataset and Ferret Home. Once I
got those set
everything worked fine with the local files; but after I read in some URL
cdf/nc files I could
not access local files.
The following is what happens:

yes? use
"http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/time_series/raw/102
2-A.cdf"
yes? show data
     currently SET data sets:
    1>
http://stellwagen.er.usgs.gov/cgi-bin/nph-nc/data/time_series/raw/1022-A.
cdf  (default)
 name            title                                                  I
J         K         L
 U_1205         Eastward Velocity                         1:1       1:1
1:1       1:46213

 V_1206         Northward Velocity                        1:1       1:1
1:1       1:46213

 CD_310        CURRENT DIRECTION (T)              1:1       1:1       1:1
1:46213

 CS_300        CURRENT SPEED (CM/S)             1:1       1:1       1:1
1:46213

 UPR_4001     UPPER ROTOR SPEED               1:1       1:1       1:1
1:46213

 STEAD_400   STEADINESS                              1:1       1:1       1:1
1:46213

 T_20     TEMPERATURE (C)                              1:1       1:1
1:1       1:46213

yes? use coads_climatology
 **TMAP ERR: non-existent or not on line
             Searched $FER_DESCR and $FER_DATA for
coads_climatology(.des,.cdf,.
nc)

---------
I am running Windows 2000 Professional Edition on a Dell Pentium 4 machine.
I have set
all the variables and environment as indicated in the post installation
README.txt file.
I think it should read coads_climatology.cdf file that was provided with the
Ferret sample data.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated...

Enils Bashi
Programmer
Veridyne Incorporated
Annapolis MD: (410) 267-9833