Re: linux ferret debian packages (was Re: termcap & ncurses on linux(was Re: segemntation fault))

Olivier ARCHER wrote:
Hello Kevin,

I've set up an experimental apt repository for linux debian.

the ferret debian package is on
ftp://ftp.ifremer.fr/pub/ifremer/cersat/debian/dists/stable/contrib/binary-i386/ferret_5.52-1_i386.deb

as you can see, it's ferret 5.52b, compiled with gnu f77. (because it's the one I need, as other version are buggy on read only filsystem)

I've also make a script ( ftp://ftp.ifremer.fr/pub/ifremer/cersat/debian/scripts/make-ferret-deb.tar.gz)

who build ferret debian packages by fetching *.tar.Z by ncftpget

ferret version can be change by editing get_last.sh

all work is done by running makeall.sh
move2apt should not work, but .deb generation should be ok.

so now, apt-cache ferret should say that ferret-552beta and ferret-551 are avialable. I've removed ferret, so user should do
apt-get install ferret-551 instead of apt-get install ferret

--
Olivier