Syntax

All,
   I'm having trouble finding syntax that works to do the following:

I have a 144 by 74 grid (2.5 degree global grid).  I want to make a grid
where each point consists of the zonal average of that latitude.

In other words each point along the equator would be the same (the average
of all points on the equator).  At 2.5 degrees north each point along the
2.5 would be the same (the average of all points on 2.5), and similar for
each latitude north and south filling in the grid.

The syntax for finding the average for one latitude is "let eq_ave =
tmp[y=0:0@ave]" (equator in this case).

Can I form an array where the new 144 by 74 grid is zonal averages of each
latitude?

Working with zonal averages is an often-used idea, so I'm sure ferret can do
this in one fell swoop.  Has anyone tackled this one?

Bruce

Bruce W. Ford