Re: basemap on polar stereographic projection.

Muyin,

The problem may be setting the grid before calling mp_fland.  I have no trouble with the following Ferret session:

        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v5.51
        Solaris 5.8 - 02/28/03
        19-Jun-03 15:33

yes? go north_south
set win/aspect=2.2

set view upper
go mp_stereographic_north 0 90
set region/y=0:90/l=1
go mp_fland 40 yellow basemap
use coads_climatology
set grid sst[d=coads_climatology]
contour/over/set sst, x_page, y_page
ppl title Temperature
go remove_logo
ppl contour/over

set view lower
go mp_stereographic_south 180 -90
set region/y=-90:0
go mp_fland 40 yellow basemap
set grid sst[d=coads_climatology]
contour/over/set sst, x_page, y_page
ppl title Temperature
go remove_logo
ppl contour/over

-- Jon

Muyin Wang wrote:

Dear Ferreters:
I am trying to do contour plot on polar stereographic projection using
go mp_stereographic_north 0 90; set grid my_var;

Then, before I get the contour plotted, I'd like to put the basemap
first using the following script:

go mp_fland 40 yellow basemap
contour/o/set/levels=(-6,6,1.0) tanom[t=15-mar-1953],x_page,y_page
ppl title 50s  Temperature
go remove_logo
ppl contour/over

However this works for me only ONCE. If I want to plot 3 figures on a same
page, using "set view UL", then before the 2nd one is plotted, I got core
dump. I did this a while ago, and it worked. What's wrong with
go mp_fland script?
Any help is appreciated.

Muyin