Re: extracting certain months from multi-year monthly data without NANvalue

Hi Murat,
	Could this be a job for the COMPRESSL function? (see user guide)

define axis/t=15-JAN-1982:15-DEC-1993:1/units=months tax
let bad_seasonal = compressl(IF MOD(T[gt=tax],12) LT 3 THEN T[gt=tax])
                   ! I've used T as a dummy variable here
list bad_seasonal
 1    /  1:   972.
 2    /  2:   973.
 3    /  3:   974.
 4    /  4:   984.
 5    /  5:   985.
 6    /  6:   986.
 31   / 31:  1092.
 32   / 32:  1093.
 33   / 33:  1094.
 34   / 34:  1104.
 35   / 35:  1105.
 36   / 36:  1106.
 37   / 37:   ....
 38   / 38:   ....
 39   / 39:   ....

where we see that COMPRESSL has packed the "good" values (JFM) into the
first 36 slots.  You could then for example

list list bad_seasonal[l=1:36@ave]

to get the JFM average, but I'm not sure what other calculations you
might have in mind.

Hope this helps,
Mick

|____Mick.Spillane@noaa.gov____|