Re: seeing date information

Hi Arindam and Murat

Im following your discussion with labels. There is also this problem of
dissapearing x -axis label (e.g. longitude) and y-axis label (e. g. latitude) and the title (on the bottom portion) of the frame altogether with /nolabel command.

yes? CONTOUR /Z=0 /FILL /nolabel TEMPERATURE

Suppose you want to keep the axis labels without the title or placed the title on the upper portion of the panel?

thanks in advance
roland

Arindam Chakraborty wrote:
hi Murat,
	you can do this using the go script unlabel.jnl distributed
with ferret:
fill/set PRES[l=1,k=1]
go unlabel 1
go unlabel 2
go unlabel 3
go unlabel 5
go unlabel 6
ppl fill ! x, y axes labels and title will remain

The unlabel script removes the label number given as its argument. In
this case label #4 is the time stamp and we are removing the others
except that. You will be able to see those movable labels by issuing
the command:
ppl list labels

However, there's a more convenient method where you'll have full
control over the text type and position of the time stamp on your
plot:

fill/nolabels PRES[l=1,k=1] ! remove all the labels
def sym tstamp = `pres[l=1],r=tstart` ! get the time stamp for l=1 \
and store it in tstamp as string
! Now use this string ($tstamp) to put the label using label something
like this:
label/nouser `($ppl$xlen)/2`,`($ppl$ylen)+0.2`,0,0,0.2,@AC($tstamp)

Hope this helps,

 ~ Arindam C