Re: Converting GMT files to the netCDF format

Hi Mark,

see comment below.

Mark A Ohrenschall wrote:

Hi Ansley,

Thanks for the great tip, but I wonder what I'm doing wrong? It seems to make no difference whether I use /order=x-y or not:

[mao@panther coastal_relief]$ ferret
        NOAA/PMEL TMAP
        FERRET v5.40
        Linux 2.4.3-12smp - 02/19/02
        21-May-03 09:51

yes? use gulf4.nc/order=x-y
qualifier is in the wrong spot, should be:  use/order=x-y gulf4.nc
seems like there should be an error the way the command is typed here.

Joe

yes? set memory/size=525
 Cached data cleared from memory
yes? set region/x=-90:-81/y=24:31
yes? shade/levels=128 depth
yes? cancel data/all
yes? use gulf4.nc
yes? shade/levels=128 depth
Both shaded images look the same.

? ? ?

Mark

Ansley B Manke wrote:

Hi Mark,
Once you've written a NetCDF file, you can always read it
and permute or flip the with, for instance, USE/ORDER=X-Y