Fwd: Problem installing Ferret on AIX 5.1

Correction: The version I was trying to install is actually version 4.45 or ferret.

I just tried to install Ferret 5.51 on an IBM Power 4 system and an IBM Power 3 system both of which are running AIX 5.1. When I try to execute ferret on either system, I receive the error message show below. Is anyone successfully running Ferret 5.51 on an AIX system running AIX version 5.1? Any advice or guidance you can provide would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.

ERROR MESSAGE:
> ferret
Could not load program ferret:
Symbol resolution failed for ferret because:
Symbol poll (number 24) is not exported from dependent
module /unix.
Symbol select (number 28) is not exported from dependent
module /unix.
Symbol unload (number 33) is not exported from dependent
module /unix
Examine .loader section symbols with the 'dump -Tv' command.

Rebecca Fahey
Center for Computational Science
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
email: faheyra@ornl.gov