Re: Function SAMPLEXY_CURV

Hi Kasper,

While waiting for SAMPLEXY_CURV, a workaround is to first use the external
function SCAT2GRIDGAUSS to regrid your curvilinear grid to a regular grid,
then to use SAMPLEXY.  I have an example of doing this if you are
interested.

-- Jim

On Thu, 3 Apr 2003, Ansley Manke wrote:

> Hi Kasper,
> This is still on our list of planned additions to the software; we
> should be able to make the function available as part of  the
> next Ferret release, due this coming summer.
>
> Ansley Manke
>
> Gian-Kasper Plattner wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > What's the status of the development of function SAMPLEXY_CURV?
> > In the Ferret V5.51 Documentation it says "under development—6/00"....
> >
> > See V5.51 Documentation; Ch8, Sec 8.2. Analysis techniques for curvilinear coordinate data
> > To perform the analysis in a rectilinear coordinate system, the conversion of the curvilinear data is most easily done with SAMPLEXY_CURV (under development—6/00 )
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Kasper
> >

> > --

> > Gian-Kasper Plattner
> >
> > Biogeochemistry Group
> > Inst. of Geophysics and Planetary Physics
> > 5839 Slichter Hall
> > University of California, Los Angeles
> > Los Angeles, CA 90095-1567, USA
> >
> > Phone: ++1 (310) 206 5445
> > Fax: ++1 (310) 206 3051
> > plattner@.igpp.ucla.edu
> > http://quercus.igpp.ucla.edu/~plattner/

> --
> Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246

   James Orr
   Unite Mixte de Recherche CEA-CNRS

   LSCE, CEA Saclay                http://www.ipsl.jussieu.fr/~jomce
   Bat. 709 - Orme                 mailto:  orr@cea.fr