Re: Non-uniform grid space

Hi Stephanie,
If you have the locations of the grid points in a file, you can
read those locations into variables and use the
DEFINE AXIS/FROM_DATA command to set up the X and
Y axes.  You don't mention what format your data is in, but
for instance you might have the locations listed in ascii files:

longitude.dat
300
304
306
312
320
330
340
344

latitude.dat
0
5
10
15
20
22

yes? set data/ez/var=llon longitude.dat
yes? set data/ez/var=llat latitude.dat

yes? define axis/x/units=deg  newx = llon[d=1]
yes? define axis/y/units=deg  newy = llat[d=2]
yes? define grid/x=newx/y=newy ggrid

Stephanie.Moneris@cetiis.fr wrote:

Dear Ferret users,

I would like to plot vectors on a non-uniform grid (300 points defined by their latitude and longitude) and I don't know how to define the x- and y-axis since the grid space is not constant.

Thanks for your help,

Stephanie

SAFEGE CETIIS
Département Océanographie - Environnement
Aix Métropole, Bât. D
30 avenue Malacrida
13100 Aix-en-Provence
France
Tel: 33 4 42 93 65 26
Fax: 33 4 42 26 52 19
Email: Stephanie.Moneris@cetiis.fr

--
Ansley Manke  Pacific Marine Environmental Laboratory  Seattle WA  (206)526-6246