Re: Heat content calculation

|____spillane@pmel.noaa.gov____|
|__Room 2070 Bldg#3 NOAA/PMEL__|
|____Phone_:_(206)526-6780_____|

Dear Manfredi,
	The question of Heat Content came up quite recently (see
http://ferret.wrc.noaa.gov/Ferret/Mail_Archives/fu_2003/msg00168.html ).
In responding I referred to a set of algorithms for oceanographic
variables
http://sam.ucsd.edu/sio210/propseawater/ppsw_fortran/ppsw.f
that include one for specific heat Cp as a function of T, S, P. This
could easily be converted to a Ferret script and my guess is that what
wou would want to do is form the product Cp*Rho*deltaT and integrate
that - perhaps something like
	go computeCp
	let prod=Cp*RHO_UN(SALT, TEMP, P)*(TEMP-TEMP0)
	let heat=prod[z=@din]

Please report back what works for you, and perhaps share anything like
a computeCp.jnl you implement.

Good luck,
Mick