RE: grib to netcdf

Do you really need the data in netcdf, or do you just want to get it into
ferret? I haven't used grib files real recently, but I found the best
solution for me was Wesley Ebisuzaki's wgrib grib reader.
http://wesley.wwb.noaa.gov/wgrib.html
I would convert to ascii and read into my Fortran programs, but you could
probably read into ferret pretty easily.

Paul Farrar