thick line missing: while converting a ps file to an EPS format usingconvert in linux

 Dear Ferret users,

        I made a meta file which consists of  different thick lines.
After that I did

(a)  change_widths metafile.plt
       Fprint -p portrait -R -o fig.ps metafile.plt

       when I view fig.ps the lines are different. thats fine.

       When I convert the PS file in linux using the following

      convert fig.ps fig.eps

       fig.eps is not able to distinguish the different lines as well as
the picture quality is dull.  can  you please help me to get good quality
EPS files.   The EPS format is required for me to submit my paper.

Thanks   in advance  at the earliest help.:

with regards,
Ramesh