Eliminate default X & Y labels, ALINE command & depth labels

Ferret Users couple quick questions,
1) I thought the commands:       ppl xlab " "   and    ppl ylab " "  would eliminate the default X and Y that appears on plots but doesn't seem to do the trick - any suggestions?

2) How do I manipulate the line thickness using the ALINE command on a plot?

3) I used the following script to reverse a color palette to get regions of deeper depth blue and shallow depths red however a side affect is that the depths are labeled as negative numbers in the key, any suggestions on how to easily reverse the palette without getting the negative numbers in the key?

let nd = -1*depth
shade/nolab/palette=rnb2/lev=(-4500)(-4500,-500,100)(-500, 0, 10) nd

Any assistance is greatly appreciated - thanks.

Jeff Dixon