Re: gksm2ps problem

Hello Arne and David -

I believe that the reason you are seeing the gksm2ps problem that you describe is due to the fact that the most recent version of Ferret had been built on a Tru64 v5.0 machine.  The binaries built under v5.0 of Tru64 seem to be incompatible with v4.0 of Tru64.

I have rebuilt both Ferret v5.50 and gksm2ps under Tru64 v4.0 and updated the fer_executables.tar.Z file in the OSF Ferret download area.   Downloading this file and reinstalling the binaries should solve your problems with gksm2ps.

Kevin

Arne Biastoch wrote:

Hi,

on my Dec Alpha (Tru64 UNIX v5.1 Rev. 732) I get the same error. Fprint crashes with a core dump and the resulting file is readable with ghostview but not printable because (compared to a FERRET 5.4 test) the last 2 lines ("stroke" and "showpage" are missing).

However, converting metafiles with the gksm2ps from FERRET 5.4 works fine. Any idea how to get the new gksm2ps (and therefore the CYMK output) running?

-Arne

David Bailey wrote:
Hi,

This may only be a problem on my Dec/Compaq/HP Alpha machine, but I thought I would ask anyways. I recently installed Ferret version 5.5 and I get segmentation faults when using gksm2ps or Fprint to convert metafiles to postscript. Also, our printer will not print the resulting postscript file even though I can view it in ghostview.

I also noticed that CMYK support was added to this version of gksm2ps! I'm looking forward to trying that out.
Dave

--
Kevin O'Brien                   UW/JISAO
Research Scientist              NOAA/PMEL/TMAP