Re: gksm2ps problem

Hi,

on my Dec Alpha (Tru64 UNIX v5.1 Rev. 732) I get the same error. Fprint crashes with a core dump and the resulting file is readable with ghostview but not printable because (compared to a FERRET 5.4 test) the last 2 lines ("stroke" and "showpage" are missing).

However, converting metafiles with the gksm2ps from FERRET 5.4 works fine. Any idea how to get the new gksm2ps (and therefore the CYMK output) running?

-Arne

David Bailey wrote:
Hi,

This may only be a problem on my Dec/Compaq/HP Alpha machine, but I thought I would ask anyways. I recently installed Ferret version 5.5 and I get segmentation faults when using gksm2ps or Fprint to convert metafiles to postscript. Also, our printer will not print the resulting postscript file even though I can view it in ghostview.

I also noticed that CMYK support was added to this version of gksm2ps! I'm looking forward to trying that out.
Dave

--

Dr. Arne Biastoch

Institute for Marine Research         phone: ++49 431 600-4013
FB1 Ocean Circulation and Climate     fax  : ++49 431 600-1515
Duesternbrooker Weg 20                email: abiastoch@ifm.uni-kiel.de
24105 Kiel, Germany

http://www.ifm.uni-kiel.de/fb/fb1/tm/data/pers/abiastoch.html